THOMPSON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Box 1074 Thompson MB R8N 1N9
Thompson Community Foundation Funds
Managed Endowment Fund
· A Savings Account, interest granted to community projects
By contributing to a Managed Fund, the Foundation will build a solid endowment to support funding needs in the community, today and virtually forever.
Operational Endowment Fund
· A savings account, interest for operations
Moffat Family Fund
· Funds granted to Community Projects
Arnold Morberg Memorial Scholarship
· Established January 2006 to assist Northern Manitoba students pursuing careers in aviation.
· The scholarship will be given for their education in aviation.
Burntwood Jr. Curling Club Fund
· Donor Advised Fund Established August 2007
· The Burntwood Junior Curling Club has placed funds into a Donor Advised Fund and is now receiving funds yearly to put towards the Burntwood Junior Curling Club needs.
Kerrie Brown Memorial Bursary
· Established September 2007 is to be used by the successful applicant with the highest grade point average in English graduating from RD Parker Collegiate.
Thompson Health Foundation Fund
· Field of Interest Fund established June 2009
· Thompson Hospital Foundation has amalgamated with the Thompson Community Foundation to create a new fund called the Thompson Health Foundation Fund. All proceeds from any funds donated will flow yearly to the Burntwood Regional Health Authority
· This Scholarship was established December 2009, to assist Northern Manitoba students pursuing careers in a field that is applicable in the mining, metallurgy or petroleum sector.
· This scholarship is to be used by the successful applicant towards payment of their education.
Thompson Science Fair Fund
· Agency Fund established December 2009
· Used for cost incurred with the Citywide Fair, provide awards, support travel and accommodations for students selected to represent Thompson at Regional and National Science Fairs.
Irene Evelyn Moore Fund
· Unrestricted Fund established in 2019
· Funds Granted to support the charitable activities of qualified donees whose charitable purposes are consistent with the objectives of the foundation.
The Troy Anand Fund
· Donor Advised Fund established in 2012
· Funds Granted to support charitable activities or charitable organizations. The Fund will also support charitable activities or charitable organizations in the environment sector.
The Northern Social Work Scholarship Fund (NSWSF)
· This scholarship was established in 2012 and is awarded to a student from The University of Manitoba Northern Social Work Program (NSWP) based on the student’s grades and financial need.
Thompson 2018 Manitoba Games Fund
· Designated Fund established June 2020
· Funds are granted annually to KidSport Canada - Northern Manitoba Division, to support and advance the economic, social, physical and intellectual well-being of children and families.
· Funds are to assist children and youth through sport, education and community enhancement.